Happy Thanksgiving! We’re thankful for the usual suspects: our friends, our family, all of New Orleans’ incredible food. But we’re also pleased there’s so much to do over the holiday weekend. Enjoy!
1. Dine out for Thanksgiving — Skip the hot stove and dirty dishes. We’ve got you covered with restaurants open on Thanksgiving for all your feasting needs.
2. Turkey Day Race — Earn your seconds with this 8:30 a.m. race, celebrating its 109th year in action. The course takes you through City Park and is arguably the most scenic way to start your holiday. What’s more, proceeds from registration ($35 day-of) benefit Spina Bifida of Greater New Orleans.
3. NOLA MADE at the Ace Hotel – Browse this premier holiday shopping marketplace that will showcase the “new” New Orleans from 4-7 p.m. You won’t even need coffee with Stumptown Coffee on site at this trendy hotel.
4. Bayou Classic — There’s a parade, a football game, career fair, and more at this annual rivalry event. Go team!
5. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” — The Saenger Theater presents this holiday classic Nov. 22 through Nov. 27 with various matinee, early evening, and evening showings. Tickets from $26.25 online.