The holidays are heating up. Or is it cooling down? No matter the temperature, enjoy an array of seasonal activities this weekend with our five most festive picks.
1. Holiday Home Tours — The Garden District’s historic homes are on display this weekend from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Dec. 10-11. Marvel at decor, chat with the homeowners themselves, and enjoy a light snack at tour headquarters (Trinity Episcopal Church on Jackson Avenue). Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 day-of.
2. LUNA Fete — Back at Gallier Hall in Lafayette Square Dec. 7-10 after a 2015 showing in Central City, LUNA Fete features the same dazzling light displays set to music that have become a New Orleans holiday staple in just a few short years. The show runs intermittently from 6-9 p.m. And the best part? It’s free.
3. Orpheum Holiday Spectacular — Conjure Yuletide cheer at this holiday event that truly lives up to its spectacular name. Local favorites the 610 Stompers bring their signature dance moves, and the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra provides the soundtrack. Tickets from $20.
4. Free Outdoor Screening of “Frozen” — Holiday stress? Let it go (sorry, had to) at this free screening of the Disney favorite on Friday at 6:30 p.m. Stake out your spot at Spanish Plaza along the Riverwalk.
5. Holiday Market and Toy Drive — Dat Dog on Magazine Street hosts a holiday market full of local makers on Saturday afternoon. The first three weekends in December, the market doubles as a drop-off point for children’s toys benefitting Children’s Hospital New Orleans. Guests can expect swag bags, kid’s crafts, live music, face painting, and more at this scenic outdoor event.