No surprise here: Mardi Gras takes up your whole weekend (and Monday and Tuesday) this weekend. Check out Mardi Gras events parades worth peeping below.
1. Mardi Gras fanfare — Check out our five-day guide here. You’ll want to see krewes like Hermes, Orpheus, Morpheus, Bacchus, and Zulu, along with so many others. Don’t forget to browse our tips on how to make it your best Mardi Gras yet.
2. Krewe de Bauche — Sanctuary Cultural Arts Center hosts this inaugural ball on Friday at 9 p.m. The Russian Mafia Band rings in carnival alongside acts like Tasche and the Psychedelic Roses, DJ Kerry Lynn, belly dancers, and more. Tickets are $15.
3. Krewe of Endymion — With more than 3,100 riders, Endymion makes darn sure spectators will catch a throw. This huge parade is noted for its giant floats (their “Pontchartrain Beach” float has nine sections) and alternate route through Mid-City. Get the party started early at Samedi Gras starting at noon.
4. Lundi Gras Festival — Start the morning off on the Riverwalk with the 24th Annual Lundi Gras Festival from 10 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Live music and fireworks will welcome the King of Zulu at this free event at Spanish Plaza. That night, check out arguably the most musical parade of the season, Krewe of Orpheus.
5. Mardi Gras Day — Everyone has their Mardi Gras Day ritual, but we’ve got a bucket list to help. Popeyes, Saint Anne, Zulu, Rex… whatever you do, enjoy!