Hogs isn't just about food - music is also part of the 2 day fest. Photo: Paul Broussard
Food is the star of this show this weekend in NOLA, but isn’t it always? Hogs for the Cause pigs out to benefit children fighting pediatric cancer, while the inaugural Crab Fest welcomes Jazz in the Park’s fifth season. Southern Food and Beverage Museum hosts an indoor fest, and Freret Street fests all day Saturday between Napoleon Avenue and Valmont. Don’t worry, you can always avoid the fest scene with NOMA’s Easter egg hunt on Saturday.
1. Crab Festival — Four days of music, food, and fun in Congo Square at Armstrong Park kick off Jazz in the Park’s spring season. Note: Friday is a ticketed event. Tickets can be purchased here.
2. Hogs for the Cause — Friday and Saturday, Hogs raises funds for families of children battling pediatric brain cancer in their new location at the Lakefront Arena. Tickets vary.
3. NOMA Egg Hunt and Family Festival — Grab the kids and head to the New Orleans Museum of Art for a day of family-friendly fun with an egg hunt, petting zoo, spacewalks, and more. Tickets here.
4. Made in Louisiana — From noon to 5 p.m., Southern Food and Beverage Museum celebrates an afternoon of Louisiana-made products from more than 40 vendors around the state. Tickets vary.
5. Freret Street Fest — With a food court at every intersection, you’ll never go hungry at this Uptown event. From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., explore the corridor between Napoleon and Valmont with crafts, food, pet adoptions, and more.
Food Truck Friday — Head to Champions Square on Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for local food trucks, concert ticket giveaways, and special offers hosted by Live Nation New Orleans.