The always-anticipated New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest arrives this weekend in Mid-City, bringing big name acts like Usher, Maroon 5, and more. “BreakFest” at Bayou Beer Garden also sets up shop on Sunday to fill your belly before a day of fest-fueled fun, and Twelve Mile Limit hosts a Harry Potter Disco. Trying to avoid the Mid-City mania? Head to Trombone Shorty’s Treme Threauxdown on Saturday, or add some midweek fun with Crawfish Fest.
1. Jazz Fest — Music, food, and an unforgettable experience at the New Orleans Fairgrounds returns for its 48th year. New to the scene? Our Insider’s Guide has all you need to know to fest like a pro. Tickets start at $70.
2. Cooking Demo with Chef Badr Fayez — From 1 to 2 p.m., head to Southern Food and Beverage Museum for a cooking demonstration from Saudi Arabian Chef Badr Fayez. Free.
3. Trombone Shorty’s Treme Threauxdown — Can’t make it to Jazz Fest to see Trombone Shorty on Sunday? The Saenger hosts the NOLA native Saturday night at 8 p.m. for his third-annual Treme Threauxdown featuring Dumpstafunk and other guests.Tickets start at $50.
4. Chamber of Sequins: A Harry Potter Disco — Pull out your Hogwarts robes and wand! Twelve Mile Limit hosts a Harry Potter disco with specialty cocktails, trivia, and a costume contest. Free.
5. BreakFest — Head to Bayou Beer Garden both Sundays of Jazz Fest for the first ever BreakFest! Local artists, a breakfast spread, mimosas, and more will be on site to prep fest-goers for a day at the Fairgrounds. Tickets start at $25.
Crawfish Fest — Still craving some festin’ come Monday? Make your way to Central City BBQ Monday through Wednesday for a true feast for the senses. Every day from 3 to 10 p.m., over 5,000 pounds of crawfish will be prepared on site, along with live music beer, and an Ultimate Crawfish Cook-off. Tickets start at $45.