Don’t forget about dear ol’ Dad, y’all. This Sunday, Audubon Park offers a race in his honor, but we have a few other ideas to help honor the special man. Snake Oil Festival returns for the third year, while Mid-City Yacht Club and Music Box Village throw parties sure to turn up the dial on your weekend. If you’re feeling partied out, you could always take things a little easier with an art and cocktail stroll down Julia Street or meditation at Marigny Opera House.
1. Snake Oil Festival — Three days of burlesque, comedy, sideshow, circus acts and more starts Thursday when Snake Oil Festival hosts its third year at The Howlin’ Wolf. Workshops, shows, and a whole lot more await. Tickets start at $20.
2. Mid-City Yacht Club 10 Year Anniversary – Raise a glass to 10 years with one of Mid-City’s finest sports bars this weekend. Starting Saturday at 1 p.m., join Mid-City Yacht Club for live music, giveaways, and drink specials. It’s rumored a giant inflatable water slide will also be present, so pack a suit. Free admission.
3. BloomsBotanica at Music Box Village — Mark the changing of the seasons with the Music Box Village. From 2 to 10 p.m., their summer solstice celebration will include a waterslide, DJ sets, and a full-on dance party. Free admission from 2 to 6 p.m., starting at 10 p.m. admission required; tickets start at $10.
4. Julia Street Art Stroll and Cocktails – Art AND cocktails in the morning? That’s what Loews New Orleans is offering this Saturday. Grab a $2 eye opener from the Swizzle Stick Bar, and head out Julia Street for an art gallery stroll at 10:30 a.m. Free, don’t forget to RSVP through their Facebook page!
5. Father’s Day Race in Audubon Park — Head to Audubon Park on Father’s Day for a little celebratory cardio. The Richard Newcomb Memorial Father’s Day Race kicks off at 8 a.m. with a half-mile and two-mile race. Race day registration is $30 for adults.
Musical Meditation at Marigny Opera House — Make your transition from weekend to weekday a peaceful one. Sunday evening at 5 p.m., Marigny Opera House hosts an afternoon musical meditation session with a complete hour of music by The Light Set. Free.