Take your pick from bayou or Caribbean vibes this weekend as Cajun-Zydeco Festival and NOLA Caribbean Festival host celebrations throughout the weekend. Festigals also offers festive fun with their female empowerment series Thursday through Saturday, with events like the Stiletto Stroll and the Bodacious Bra Challenge. More boozy fun is on deck for Saturday as Krewe of Boo sips the day away at their Halfway to Halloween Pub Crawl, and The Bulldog hosts their Drunken Tournament of Winnahs!
1. Cajun-Zydeco Festival — Saturday and Sunday, Armstrong Park gets a taste of the bayou at the 11th annual Cajun-Zydeco Fest. As the only New Orleans festival to focus solely on this music genre, it’s a perfect excuse to practice your dance moves while digging into some classic Louisiana fare from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Free.
2. NOLA Caribbean Festival — Artists from Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, and Honduras will all be featured this weekend when Central City BBQ transforms into NOLA Caribbean Festival. Food from local restaurants, salsa dancing, drum lessons, and more are all on the roster. Check it out Saturday and Sunday from 5 to 10 p.m. Admission is $10.
3. Festigals — Get ready for three full days of fun female empowerment! The city’s only just-for-girls fest brings fundraising, speakers, and a day of celebration to the French Quarter. Get more info here. Tickets to individual events vary.
4. Krewe of Boo Halfway to Halloween Pub Crawl — Been itchin’ for a chance to wear that costume hanging in your closet? Krewe of Boo to the rescue! Join NOLA’s Halloween parade krewe for its first ever Halfway to Halloween Pub Crawl starting at Bourbon Heat at 6:30 p.m. Other stops include Pat O’Brien’s, B.B. King’s Blues Club, and The Maison. Entry is $45.
5. Harry Potter Drunken Tournament of Winnahs — The Bulldog, Mid-City hosts its 4th annual Drunken Tournament of Winnahs Saturday from 2 to 6 p.m., this time with a Harry Potter Theme! Contestants will be divided into two teams where they will face off in physical and mental challenges to win a “Spirit Prize.” Make sure to read all the requirements first!