In New Orleans, we live and die by the seasons. No, we don’t define our seasons by weather, but rather, by what we’re doing. In the spring it’s crawfish, summer it’s snowballs, winter it’s Mardi Gras, and fall is for football.
With football season right around the corner, we’ve rounded up our favorite sports bars to watch the Saints do their thing. If you can’t make it to the Superdome to watch the team play, or you want to be with fans while the team plays an away game, these are the best spots in town for all your game day needs.
1. Walk-On’s – Bummed that you don’t have tickets to the game? Don’t worry, there’s lots of places where you can watch the game and enjoy some good camaraderie. Walk-On’s is one place to start. This high-energy sports bar and grill features tables with built-in taps, a menu with mouth-watering southern favorites, and huge screens for ample sports watching. 1009 Poydras St.
2. Manning’s – This downtown sports bar is a staple for football fans. With over 30 flat-screen TVs, two 13-foot mega-screens, and an outdoor viewing area, football fans from all over gather for games at Manning’s. 519 Fulton St.
3. Finn McCool’s Irish Pub – Finn’s prides themselves on being the premier place to watch soccer games in New Orleans, but it’s also a local favorite to enjoy other sports, football included. This local hangout features friendly gourmet pub dishes like fried mac & cheese. They are rumored to boast the best pour of Guinness in town. A local favorite in the heart of New Orleans, Finn McCool’s is located in Mid-City. 3701 Banks St.
4. Cooter Brown’s – When you walk into the dimly-lit windowless Cooter Brown’s, the world disappears behind you. That’s just how we like it when we’re watching the Saints. Floor-to-ceiling screens line the back wall, and various flat-screen TVs dot the rest of the bar so you’re never more than five feet away from the screen. Their raw oyster bar is excellent, and the .45 beers on tap will keep you filled up. This down home sports bar offers a fun, intimate atmosphere to watch any game. 509 S Carrollton Ave.
5. Azul – Billed as a “sports restaurant,” this new spot in Lakeview caters to families. The full-service menu includes typical bar snacks like chicken wings along with burgers and po-boys. An extensive beer list and lots of flat-screen TVs make the perfect setting for watching the game. 117 W Harrison Ave.