LAST UPDATED ON AUGUST 10, 2020
Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
How We May Use or Disclose Other Information We Collect
Storage of Personal Information We Collect
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Social Networking and Third Party Sites
California Users’ Privacy Rights
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Children’s Online Privacy
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every NewOrleans.com (New Orleans & Company) employee, vendor and partner.
NewOrleans.com does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information.
Privacy and security are top priorities for us and we host our services on secure servers located in data centers in the United States
NewOrleans.com and all program websites or email correspondence may contain links to other sites. NewOrleans.com does not share your personal information with those sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
If we are going to use your personal information differently from that stated at the time we collect it, we will try to contact you via email using the most recent information we have. If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted nor will we use your personal information in a new manner.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Whether you access our Online Services from your computer, smart phone, tablet or other mobile device, NewOrleans.com and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), device ID, including IP address, geolocation (if using a mobile application and you consent to providing it), and additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- to process and manage your requests for products and services, including newsletters, guidebooks, and other items
- respond to and/or fulfill your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments, ratings or statements on message boards or in our online discussion areas or forums
- create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your Personal Information with Other Information, such as the amounts and types of bookings or itineraries you make and discounts or benefits you use.
- to tailor content that is displayed to you, including but not limited to displaying certain pages based on your geographic location.
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about New Orleans or our affiliates, including communications about your itineraries or purchases, your services, accounts, sweepstakes or contests you enter, your requests for information or other items, information regarding your expressed interest in our convention or meeting services, and to update you about changes to our Online Services
- communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, including sending you offers and promotions that you can take advantage of through our Online Services or at relevant physical venues around or near New Orleans and offer personalized collection, filtering, and delivery of information, including serving advertisements while you are visiting New Orleans.
- allow you to send communications or gifts (including through our mobile application) to friends or family through our Online Services (conditioned on your representation to us that you are permitted to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and e-mail address;
- further our business or operational purposes, for example, data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- enhance, improve or modify our Online Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertisements and to operate and expand our business activities.
- Client contact information may also be shared with members of NewOrleans.com / New Orleans & Company, including partners, at certain familiarization trips and events in connection with the business of New Orleans & Company.
NewOrleans.com may send you “transactional or relationship” communications using various electronic communication, including email and mobile communications. “Transactional or relationship” communications may include, for example, notices to facilitate a recent transaction you have conducted or messages with information about your existing account. If, at any time, you decide you would rather not receive these types of communications from NewOrleans.com, you can opt out by following the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” or “STOP” instructions in the relevant communication or update the contact preferences for your NewOrleans.com account.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of NewOrleans.com, except in the following circumstances:
We use third-party service providers, vendors, agents, contractors or others to provide services on our behalf, or to fulfill a service or transaction you may have requested. We enter into written agreements with these third-party service providers, requiring them to provide the same level of protection for your personal information as provided under this Policy, and limiting their use of your Personal Information to the specified services provided on our behalf. These services include but are not limited to online form builders, email marketing providers, advertising and re-targeting platforms, customer relationship management systems, image gallery aggregation, and cloud storage.
To Perform Services You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request, such as fulfillment of newsletter or guidebook requests, or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and social media forums, including via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Please note that when you post information in a public forum, it becomes public information.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications or gifts through our Online Services.
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes;
- to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates;
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of NewOrleans.com, you and others; and
HOW WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Similarly, we generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. Other Information that we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To manage and correct any factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you, please follow the directions in the e-mail or other relevant electronic communication you receive from us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NewOrleans.com has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our Online Services.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your NewOrleans.com account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the Contact Us information provided below.
“Cookies” are small text files containing pieces of data that are placed in your computer’s Web browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your interaction with our Online Services. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (Internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (its expiration period), and a value (such as a randomly generated unique number).
Your Options for Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies. Please consult your particular Web browser’s settings. You can learn more about Cookies, see what Cookies have been set on your computing device and learn how to manage and delete them at allaboutcookies.org.
To access our Cookie Preference Center, please click the Cookie Settings button:
NewOrleans.com and our advertising management partners also may use these technologies to track the actions of users of our Online Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on our Online Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and to otherwise improve the experience of consumers using our Online Services.
You can opt out of all third-party cookies by visiting the NAI Consumer Opt Out here.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
SOCIAL NETWORKING AND THIRD PARTY SITES
When you link to our Online Services through any social networking or third party websites, applications or services (“Third Party Services”), please remember that you are also bound by the privacy policies of such Third Party Services, and NewOrleans.com does not control and therefore is not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third Party Services. You should consult the privacy policies of such Third Party Services to understand their information practices.
We do not edit user reviews published on TripAdvisor and can not be held responsible for such user reviews, or any further use, distribution, or republication of them. NewOrleans.com neither confirms nor endorse opinions or attitudes expressed in user reviews as individuals personal beliefs. Any decision made on the basis of reviews or comments that are on NewOrleans.com, is at your own risk.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. To exercise your rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or as set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please be sure to mention when you contact us that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
As a Data Subject in the European Economic Area, you have the right to request, access, rectify, erase, and restrict how we process your Personal Data. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where NewOrleans.com relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
NewOrleans.com may process your Personal Data because:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
• To comply with the law
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We are required to respond to any of your requests to exercise these above Data Subject rights within 30 days. Should we be unable to comply within 30 days, we will contact you anyway and let you know of any delay.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
NewOrleans.com does not target children and does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). When a user discloses personal information on our Online Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13), who you believe has provided NewOrleans.com with personally identifiable information through our Online Services, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete the child’s information from our records.
If you have any questions regarding our NewOrleans.com’s privacy practices, or you want to exercise your privacy rights, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
Telephone: (504) 566-5011
U.S. Mail: 2020 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans 70130