Weekends that surround festivals are always good ones in New Orleans. Well, better than every weekend usually is in New Orleans, which is already pretty amazing. This weekend we continue the Jazz Fest celebrations and will even have plenty of opportunities to take the party outside of the Fair Grounds! Whether you’re attending Bayou Rendezvous at Howlin’ Wolf, Fiya Fest at Mardi Gras World, Rock ‘n’ Hops on Tchoup or NOizeFest in the Bywater, it will be a fun-filled weekend full of phenomenal music! Enjoy and happy weekend, NOLA!
1. Jazz Fest – And the festin’ continues with week two of Jazz Fest! This weekend you can catch headliners from Widespread Panic to Fleetwood Mac while snacking on all of your favorite Jazz Fest eats and drinks! Again, as a reminder the festival is held in a more residential part of the city, meaning parking close by isn’t exactly recommended. Gray Line Tours will operate continued round trip transportation and you can get more information about parking and transportation on the Jazz Fest website.
Friday, May 3
2. Bayou Rendezvous – The Howlin’ Wolf will be hosting its 11th Annual Bayou Rendezvous this Friday starting at 9 p.m. The doors will open at 8 p.m. and you can get your spot to catch some of the best music in NOLA. To see the entire line-up and get tickets, head over to Ticket Web.
3. Fiya Fest Crawfish Boil & Benefit for the Roots of Music – From noon to 10 p.m., many various artists will be coming out to Fiya Fest Crawfish Boil in support of the Roots of Music Marching Crusaders! The Revivalists, Dragon Smoke and Dr. Klaw are among the many acts who will be on stage to entertain the crowd. The Festival will be at Mardi Gras World located at 1380 Port of New Orleans! For more information, check out the Jazz Fest Grids.
Saturday, May 4
4. Rock ‘n’ Hops – Just because the lights go down at Jazz Fest doesn’t mean the parties are over! NOLA Brewing and the Breton Sound are hosting Rock ‘n’ Hops to make sure of that! The festivities include a multi-artist rock how and fundraiser for music cares as well as all you can drink craft beer courtesy of NOLA Brewing and delicious eats from Taceaux Loceaux! If you’d like to see the lineup, you can check it out and purchase your $20 ticket on the Rock ‘n’ Hops event listing page!
Sunday, May 5
5. NOizeFest – NOizeFest returns for its eighth year as possibly New Orleans’ most obscure festival. Meant mainly for the fearless and wild at heart, the site of NOizeFest is of course in the Bywater (where else?), held in a backyard inhabited by the host’s pet goat. The NOizeFest lineup is full of experimental, electronic, and yes, noisy local New Orleans musical outfits, as this group of New Orleans misfits’ answer to Jazz Fest. If you’re looking for an alternative to a big, commercial festival, NOizeFest is definitely that. NOizeFest is from noon til 10:00 p.m. and features 33 acts, including Quintron, Egg Yolk Jubilee King James, I, Octopus and many more.