Events in New Orleans are as hot as ever this weekend. If you weren’t sure what to fill your weekend with, consider yourself booked. From live dance performances to stand-up from a world-famous comedian, and from epic nerd parties to beer tasting for a good cause, we’ve got suggestions for the top New Orleans events. Grab some friends and join in on the New Orleans fun.
1. Marigny Opera House New Dance Festival – The Marigny Opera House is one of the most unique venues for live performance and starting Thursday, you can see fresh dance performances from the best choreographers in New Orleans there all weekend long. The Marigny Opera House New Dance Festival features dances set to live acoustic music from NOLA choreographers Donna Crump, Chard Gonzalez, Kettye Voltz, Diogo de Lima, Monica Ordonez and Maya Taylor.
Friday, September 27
2. Jerry Seinfeld at the Saenger Theater – One of New Orleans’ oldest theatres is going big for their grand re-opening. First up for the Saenger Theater’s new season of entertainment is Jerry Seinfeld. The superstar comedian will take the stage this Friday with his signature stand-up comedy act. He’s back in action in NOLA tackling life’s crazy issues, asking “What’s the deal with that?!”
Saturday, September 28
3. Krewe of Chewbacchus Season Kickoff Extravaganza – The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus is throwing a big ol’ party that lasts all day on Saturday. It’s a three-parter that begins at 2 p.m. with the Art Bicycle Rally & Contraption Contest and anyone with a tricked-out bike or mobile creation can compete alongside killer New Orleans food and music. From there you’ll hop on your bike for the NOLA Social Ride to the Frenchmen Art Market (beer supplied by Bar2D2) for the final event of the evening—the Chewbacchus Album Release Party at Maison on Frenchmen. These nerds know how to party, so come out and support them on this epic day of fun.
4. New Orleans On Tap at City Park – A beautiful fall Saturday in New Orleans’ lush City Park with a nice cold one, or two, or three—what could be better? This weekend, you can put yourself into that picturesque scene at New Orleans On Tap. The Bulldog and the LA/SPCA combined efforts to bring you this New Orleans event with live music from Billy Iuso & Restless Natives, New Orleans Nightcrawlers, and Royal Teeth, as well as a chance to taste more than 200 national and local beers. Come on out and have a brew! It’s all for a good cause.
5. NOLA Unity – This weekend, the NOLA Unity Festival is celebrating the multi-cultural, LGBT and LGBT-friendly community with a day of live music, New Orleans food, drinks, art installations, and free health screenings and HIV testing in Congo Square in the Treme. The party continues on into the night, culminating with a special concert from Dawn Richards at the House of Blues. Getting your HIV test gets you in FREE to the evening concert, as well.