We continue our 2014 GoNOLA Gift Guide showcasing New Orleans makers with our ideas for the creative types on your list. Whether they are artists or creators themselves, or just love to get creative with pops of color in their home and fashion accessories, we think they’ll love these items.
Clockwise from upper right:
1. Planner by Neutrons Protons. Even creative types need to be organized, and the planner featuring the illustrations of Sophie Johnson — editor of the Neutrons Protons online literary magazine — adds some artfulness to daily planning. $18
2. Vase by Haley + Ben. The pop of color adds intrigue to the simple wooden vase. $65.
3. Holiday cards by Ciera Design. New Orleans graphic designer Ciera Holzenthal makes cards featuring hand-lettered holiday messages. $5 each.
4. Papaya clutch by DVRA. The design for this eye-catching clutch is based on a papaya tree in Kathi Kniess’ backyard. $68.50
5. Echo Treks Dessert Plate by Rebecca Rebouche. The artist whose items are sold in Anthropologie stores is inspired by the flora and fauna of her upbringing in Franklin, Louisiana. $14
6. Stay Gold temporary tattoos by Lionheart Prints and Kismet Cosmetics. Temporary tattoos are experiencing a comeback among adults — Beyonce rocked them! Caitlin Cucchiara Picou of Kismet Cosmetics and Liz Maute Cooke of Lionheart Prints collaborated to create these NOLA-inspired metallic ones. $16.