Halloween weekend in New Orleans means fun, costumes and music in every direction. No matter where your interests lie, there’s plenty to do. Music lovers will flock to City Park for Voodoo Fest all weekend long, while fans of horror and vampire fiction can head to Undead Con downtown. Kick off Halloween weekend with a free party at Jazz in the Park on Thursday, and then enjoy a bevy of Halloween festivities on Friday night. Wrap up the weekend in style on Saturday night and step out for a good cause at the Sealed in Style Gala.
1. Voodoo Fest – The 15th annual Voodoo Music + Arts Experience takes place Friday through Sunday at the Festival Grounds at City Park and features music headliners Foo Fighters, Outkast, Skrillex, Arctic Monkeys, Zedd, Pretty Lights, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Slayer, Lauryn Hill, AWOLNATION, Rise Against and many more. VIP and General Admission weekend tickets and single day passes are available for advance purchase.
2. Undead Con – Looking for a literary take on Halloween weekend? Undead Con is a four day conference featuring many favorite supernatural authors, including Anne Rice, for book signings, panels, Q&A sessions, and a meet and greet. Other highlights of the conference include a Bizarre Bazaar vendor area and cocktail parties. The event takes place at the New Orleans Convention Center Marriott, Thursday, Oct. 30 through Sunday, Nov. 2. Individual event tickets will be available at the door if event does not sell out.
Thursday, October 30
3. Jazz in the Park – Get the weekend started on Thursday evening at Jazz in the Park. The free weekly concert series kicks off from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. in Armstrong Park with Rebirth Brass Band, Kermit Ruffins, The Roots of Music, Joseph S. Clark High School Marching Band and Kevin Stylez. A special Saints Halloween Costume Ball follows afterward at Perseverence Hall in Armstrong Park, from 8 p.m.-midnight featuring Quickie Mart, Zulu Connection, and an outdoor screening of the Saints game. The event will also feature a costume contest with prizes.
Friday, October 31
4. Halloween – In a city like New Orleans, Halloween is a big deal, and there’s always plenty to do. The full list of Halloween events includes the Endless Night Vampire Ball, Quintron and Miss Pussycat at One Eyed Jacks, Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Prytania Theatre, Jim Monaghan’s 19th Annual Halloween Parade in the French Quarter, and of course, the unofficial Frenchmen Street party. Earlier in the day, WOW Café in the DoubleTree Hotel on Canal Street will host a costume contest and Halloween fundraiser from 3-5 p.m., with 10 percent of all restaurant proceeds made during the event benefiting the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Saturday, November 1
5. Sealed in Style Gala – The Shops at Canal Place hosts Sealed in Style, the second annual fundraising gala benefiting Easter Seals Louisiana’s disability services, this Saturday Nov. 1, from 8-11 p.m. Hosted by WDSU’s Margaret Orr, the event will feature a style contest for attendees, sponsored by Mignon Faget and Saks Fifth Avenue, with a prize package worth $500. General admission tickets are available in advance for $60.