Well, it’s official, Summer is here! And for New Orleanians that means spending every waking moment out enjoying this beautiful city! There are plays to see, new restaurants to check out, bars to frequent and as always, live music to enjoy…lots of music. Don’t miss a minute of the action with these 5 picks for what’s happening in New Orleans this weekend!
Thursday, June 23rd:
1. Thirsty Thursday at the Zephyrs Game: Show your NOLA pride at the Zephyrs baseball game on Thursday. Grab your friends and head out to Zephyrs Field to watch them play the Round Rock Express. Thirsty Thursday drink specials include: $1 sodas, $1 draft beers and $2 cans of beer all game long! Tickets are $8 and up.
Friday, June 24th:
2. Mia Borders at The Maple Leaf: Catch this amazing New Orleans musician showcase her funk/soul/contemporary songwriting skills at the Maple Leaf this Friday night. The Maple Leaf always has great energy for live shows and Mia is sure to get the crowd going with her funky jams. Show is at 10PM, 21+; A cover charge is usually $10 or less.
3. FREE Fridays at Tipitinas: What’s better than a show at Tipitinas? A FREE show at Tipitinas! Check out their Free Friday series this weekend with Flow Tribe and TBC Brass Band. Doors open at 9PM and show is at 10PM.
Saturday, June 25h:
4. New Orleans Shakespeare Festival at Tulane University: Julius Caesar: Don’t miss your chance to see it! It’s the last performance of the series, and it is sure to be fantastic! Tickets are $30.
Sunday, June 26th:
5. Atenna Cupcake Showdown and Cake Walk: Get your tastebuds ready for some sweet treats at this cupcake competition! Watch the competition heat up and taste some of the competing cakes on Sunday at 3PM. This event is FREE and makes for a great day out with the family or friends!