An extra day means extra time to soak up the endless supply of festivities around the city. With three festivals, a weekend-long pool party, and an all-out wine extravaganza, you’re bound to have a good time. Need a day by day breakdown of what to do? We’ve got you covered there, too.
1. Greek Fest — Head to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral along Bayou St. John Friday through Sunday for one big Greek celebration! Hellenic dancing, cooking demonstrations, a toga contest, and much more mark the 44th year of this cultural feast. Entrance is $7, kids get in free.
2. Bayou Country Superfest — For the first time ever, the epic country music festival happens in New Orleans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Starting with a free kick-off celebration Friday at Champions Square, the Superfest brings in big name acts like Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, and others. Tickets start at $45.
3. Treme/7th Ward Arts and Culture Fest — Two of NOLA’s oldest neighborhoods hold their first ever free arts and culture festival this weekend. Friday brings tours of historic sights, Saturday moves under the bridge for music and food, and Sunday means breakfast and a second line. Free.
4. Country Club’s Memorial Weekend Pool Party — The unofficial start of summer is the perfect excuse to dive into pool time with a cocktail in hand. Saturday through Monday the Bywater’s Country Club hosts a pool party with grilling, cocktails, and more. Admission is $20 per day.
5. New Orleans Wine and Food Experience — You might want to save some room in your stomach for this one. Grand tastings, wine seminars, and a full weekend of food-focused programming are make up this exciting culinary event in the French Quarter. Wine dinners start Thursday; ticket prices vary.